As the area of the home you’ll spend all your relaxing and down time in, the design of your living room and living areas should always be considered with the lifestyle of you and your family in mind. Before choosing a home design we encourage all our customers to consider their lifestyle, the age of children and how they like to live. We share some considerations worth making in our latest post.
• Do you love entertaining? If so you’ll want a large open plan kitchen and dining area which opens out to a covered outdoor area
• Do you have young children? You may want to consider an open kitchen that faces towards living and rumpus areas that allows you to supervise young children while working in the kitchen.
• Are you entertainment junkies who love curling up with a good movie or TV series? You’ll need an area large enough to accommodate a large TV screen and plenty of places to sit.
• Do you love lots of light? We’re guessing most people
• Do you have older teenagers? You may want to consider a floor plan with multiple living areas so there are separate quarters
• An entrance hall leading into the living area can be ideal for hanging keys, umbrellas, shoes and other miscellaneous items.
• Tiled flooring throughout the home if you want it to stay cool and live with pets.
Other features you could consider:
• Fireplace or mantelpiece
• In built wall niche.
• Bay Windows with Window seats
Where does your current living area let you down?
Is it too small, too dark, too narrow or just separate from the rest of the house when you’d prefer a more integrated floor plan?
Speak to us here at Dixon Homes about your lifestyle preferences and your ideal living area. We’re confident we have a design to suit or we can customise our existing designs to accommodate. To find out more call the best builders on the Gold Coast at Dixon Homes Gold Coast today on 1300 10 10 10.
When it comes to building homes, we design with lifestyle in mind!